Virtualizing the power of advanced web and application delivery and remote access services
Citrix ADC VPX provides a complete web and application load balancing, secure and remote access, acceleration, security and offload feature set in a simple, easy-to-install virtual appliance. IT organizations, cloud and telecom service providers of any size can deploy Citrix ADC VPX on industry standard hypervisors—on demand—anywhere in the datacenter.
Deploying applications can be time consuming, complex and costly. Applications need to be continually deployed for new users and new devices. This can overwhelm the ability of IT departments and service providers to deliver applications on demand, adequate user performance, availability of applications and security. IT organizations are embracing virtualized infrastructure as a means to facilitate device consolidation, reduce costs and shuffle resources on-demand to rapidly respond to business needs.
Reduces hardware server costs by 60%
Accelerate application performance by 5x
Provides consolidation of remote access infrastructure with One URL
Improves application security with centralized policy management, and security at-the-edge of datacenter network
Provide SSL VPN based remote access
Ensures high availability
Provide monitoring of application and network traffic
Citrix ADC VPX converges and consolidates networking infrastructure. VPX makes functionality typically only offered on specialized, high-end network devices available as a virtual appliance that can be easily and dynamically deployed on a single server or across entire enterprise datacenters. The simplicity and flexibility of Citrix ADC VPX makes it easy and cost effective to fully optimize every application type. For example:
Citrix Gateway10 offers secure remote access to any application whether it be web, legacy client-server, SaaS, mobile or Citrix apps. In addition to the basic and advanced ICA proxy functionalities, Citrix Gateway also provides:
With Citrix ADC VPX, IT and service providers can take full advantage of virtualized servers and associated resources that are already in place and deploy application delivery controllers and remote access SSL VPN gateways on-demand anywhere in any network or datacenter. Citrix ADC VPX is not dependent on specific server hardware, which enables enterprises to exploit low-cost, commodity server platforms. In addition, multiple Citrix ADC instances can be deployed on a single physical server to maximize utilization of hardware infrastructure. At the other end of the spectrum, service providers now have the option to utilize whatever special-purpose hardware—for example, NEBS compliant or DC-powered systems—from whatever source best meets their needs or internal standards.
The ability to easily upgrade Citrix ADC VPX licenses and swap out underlying hardware platforms to up-size or down-size an implementation as needed represents a considerable degree of investment protection, especially relative to fixed form-factor alternatives. In addition, a broad range of price-performance combinations ensures that there is a good fit for every use case, from small-to-medium and departmental implementations to those typical of larger enterprises and service providers.
Citrix ADC VPX enables organizations to dynamically provision crucial application delivery and remote access services in support of dynamically provisioned applications. With Citrix ADC VPX, individual applications and the functionality required to ensure their availability, performance and security can be spun up, spun down and even migrated as conditions dictate. Responsiveness is enhanced at the same time that the use (and re-use) of computing resources is optimized, further improving operational efficiency and automation.
IT organizations and service providers can mix physical and virtual appliances to create a web and application delivery fabric. Specifically, MPX appliances can be deployed at the datacenter edge to address high-capacity network-wide actions while Citrix ADC VPX can be deployed, on-demand, deeper within the datacenter core to handle application-specific processor intensive actions—all managed via a central command center. This provides the lowest TCO and greatest flexibility. By exploiting the specific strengths of both physical and virtual appliances, the resulting web and application delivery fabric enables maximum functionality and flexibility at minimum cost. Further key advantages of this approach include:
|VPX models||Minimum Memory1||vCPUs2||AWS||Azure||ESXi||KVM||Citrix Hypervisor||Hyper-V||Recommended Network Driver|
|VPX 100G||2GB||2 - 20||PCI pass-through|
|VPX 40G||2GB||2 - 20||SR-IOV|
|VPX 25G||2GB||2 - 16||SR-IOV|
|VPX 15G||2GB||2 - 12||Paravirtualization or SR-IOV*|
|VPX 10G||2GB||2 - 10|
|VPX 8000||2GB||2 - 6|
|VPX 5000||2GB||2 - 6||Emulation4 or Paravirtualization|
|VPX 3000||2GB||2 - 4|
|VPX 1000||2GB||2 - 4|
ESXi. All VPX appliances are supported on versions 5.5, 6.0. VPX 10, 25, 200, 1000 & 3000 can be supported on 5.1
Hyper-V. Designated VPX appliance models supported on version 2012, 2012 R2
Citrix Hypervisor (formerly XenServer). Designated VPX appliance models supported on version 6.5. VPX 10, 25, 200, 1000 & 3000 can be supported on 6.2
* Performance validated for Citrix Hypervisor using SR-IOV only
|System Throughput||10 Mbps||100 Gbps|
|SSL Transactions/sec (2K key certificates)||1100||20,000|
|SSL ECDHE Transactions/sec (2K key certificates)3||880||17,280|
|SSL throughput||10 Mbps||30 Gbps|
|SSL VPN/ICA proxy concurrent users||15||9000|
1. For standard license, VPX minimum memory requirement is 2GB for up to 2 vCPUs. For enterprises or platinum license, VPX minimum memory requirement is 4GB for up to 2 vCPUs. For the optimal performance, irrespective of the license, we recommend 4GB memory per vCPU. E.g., for a VPX with 6vCPU, we recommend to have 6 x 4GB = 24GB memory allocated.
2. Processors supported: Intel VTx or AMD-V
3. Citrix ADC performance with HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 with Inte®Xeon® CPU E5-2690 v2 @3.00GHz. Expected ECDHE
performance is 880 per vCPU
4. VMXNET3 is supported on ESXi versions only
5. Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
6. Requires Android 4.1.x & 4.2.x (Jelly Bean), 4.4.x (KitKat), 5.x (Lollipop).
7. Ubuntu 14.04 32bit/64bit, Ubuntu 12.04 32bit/64bit.
8. OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
9. Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 (32bit/64bit).
10. For ADC versions after 11.1, the Standard edition includes (500) Universal licenses, Enterprise or Advanced editions include (1000) Universal licenses, and there are no Universal license requirements with Platinum or Premium editions. For versions previous to NetScaler ADC 11.1, the Standard and Enterprise editions include (5) Universal licenses, and the Platinum edition includes (100) Universal licenses. Universal license entitlements are per High Availability (HA) pair or per cluster depending on how you deploy Citrix ADC.